Image Map

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Guest Blogger Wednesday {two}

I'd like to welcome all of you to the second installment of
Guest Blogger Wednesday

This week I welcome Mandy from Mandy's Recipe Box over to Cups by Kim.
Mandy has an amazing page that is filled with tasty recipes, helpful hints, and just good times all around.

Welcome to Cups by Kim, Mandy. I turn it over to you!

Hello, hello! I am Mandy from Mandy's Recipe Box and I am so happy to be guest posting for Kim today!


I am a wife and momma to 2 girls and a boy, ages 9, 3, and 7 respectively. I was born and raised in the city and then I met a farmer. We now live in the country and I wouldn't have it any other way! I love the peace and quiet and the fact that I can lay in the middle of the road if I feel like it and not get ran over.

Because, really. Who doesn't want to lay in the middle of the road every now and then? {Think The Notebook.}


I love food and all food related things. My favorite books are novels revolving around food, such as Joanne Fluke's stuff.
Today I am sharing a recipe I dubbed The Crazy Brownie. It is part oatmeal cookie, part cake-like brownie. It's just crazy.


Crust
6 Tbsp. melted butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. flour
1 c. quick cooking oats

Mix butter, brown sugar, soda, salt flour and oats. Spread in a 9x9 or 9x7 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

Brownie
1/4 c. butter
1 oz. unsweetened chocolate
1 egg
3/4 c. sugar
2/3 c. flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 c. milk

Melt butter and chocolate, set aside. Combine egg and sugar. Add to chocolate mixture. Beat well. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Add vanilla and milk. Beat together. Add to chocolate mixture and beat well. Pour over crust and bake another 25 minutes or until done. Cool completely before cutting.

Thanks, Kim, for letting be be here today.

Be sure to visit me on Facebook and Pinterest as well!

Thanks Mandy for sharing your delectible dessert. And make sure everyone that you stop by Mandy's Recipe Box and show her some love!

3 comments:

  1. This looks so good Mandy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh- Dorothy sent me a recipe forever ago that was like this, and it's so GOOD!

    ReplyDelete