Pink Champagne Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream Frosting
4 drops red food coloring (optional, but it does make it pink)
For the filling
1 - 1.4 oz package instant vanilla pudding mix (try the white chocolate for a whiter center)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup Pink Champagne
For the buttercream
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup fresh red raspberries
1. Preheat oven at 350, line cupcake pan, set aside
2. In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks, then slowly beat in 1/4 cup sugar. Beat until glossy stiff peaks, but not dry. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks, vanilla bean paste and red food coloring and beat well.
4. Sift the dry ingredients together. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the Pink Champagne, mixing well after each addition.
5. Fold in 1/3 of the egg whites to lighten the batter. Fold in the remaining egg whites carefully not to deflate the egg whites.
6. Use an ice cream scoop to fill the prepared cups. You want them about 3/4 full. Bake for 16-18 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. They should not be brown on the top. Springy. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then remove from the pan and cool completely before filling.