Image Map

Friday, December 23, 2011

A reflection of 2011

I can't believe that another year is almost come and gone. It seems like yesterday that we were just starting 2011.This year has been full of ups and downs for the Campbell family. We've had people come into our lives that we never even knew existed on this great Earth and we've had people depart that we know some day we will see again. It's been a year of new beginnings with the inception of Cups by Kim and it's been a year full of firsts with baby Sophie, who now isn't so much of a baby, but more of a 23 year old trapped in an 18 month old body, and with big brother Aiden starting into 1st grade and Cub Scouts.


I wanted to take this opportunity to tell everyone who has supported me and my business Thank You. I couldn't have gotten this business to where it is without all of you. Your support, kind words, honest opinions, and cupcake cravings have helped us start what we feel is going to be an amazing business. I hope that as we start this new year that we can look to the future with the thought in mind, "what can we do next?" It has long been a dream of mine to do something creative. I never even considered my "creative" intuition to be about a business. But now I see just how important this is to me, and again, I couldn't have done it without you.

I pray for health and well being for all of you as we venture into the great unknown together. And I pray that each day brings something new and exciting for all of us. Each day is a new beginning and the opportunity to change your life and the lives that you encounter.

I feel this great need to change the world. To do something meaningful. To give back. To make a difference. How to do it? I'm not quite sure, but I know that God will show me. He will keep me pointed in the direction that only He knows I need to be going and I just have to trust Him.

This has been a scary, exciting, nerve wracking, lack of sleeping, tears shedding, feet hurting, back breaking, kind of year, but I wouldn't have changed it for the world. I'm turning in a new direction, things may start to look a little different here, but I am still going to be posting things about the cupcake business and creations, but I'm also considering adding to this blog. I'm thinking of adding some recipes and personal experiences to this and I'm hoping that you'll come along with me.

Okay, enough of the sappy thank you's! Now onto the fun stuff!! As many of you know, I have started doing Cake Pops. Well someone approached me a couple of weeks ago and asked if I had ever done Cake Pop Bouquets. At that point, I had never even considered doing bouquets, in fact, about 2 months ago I had all but given up on the cake pop idea all together. I knew that all of the beautiful pictures online and in magazines had to infact be those little green styrofoam balls dipped in chocolate. There was no way that with the laws of gravity that a ball of cake and icing would stay mounted atop a 1/2 cm white popsicle stick. It just wasn't possible. That's until I came across Mighty Morgan at http://mightydelighty.blogspot.com/  I know I've mentioned her before, but I just have to say it again, if it wasn't for her detailed explination of this art, I wouldn't be on here now posting this! So anyways, back to the bouquets, I have kind of now mastered the art of cake pops and decided that, "Sure! I can do bouquets. No problem!". As some of you know, I have done fruit bouquets in the past so I figured it couldn't be too much different than that, and right I was! These turned out so cute! I secretly hope that everyone decides to order one of these because they were so fun to do and turned out so well!!

So as we end this year with some tasty, fun creations, may I be the first to say,
Merry Christmas 
 Happy New Year, and
may God Bless You
from
Cups by Kim!!

No comments:

Post a Comment