Image Map

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Guest Blogger Wednesday {one}

Good Wednesday Everyone!!!

Welcome to the first installment of

Guest Blogger Wednesday

Up first we have Julie from


Let's all show her some Blog Love!!

Welcome Julie!!!

Hi everyone!



I'm Julie from White Lights on Wednesday.  




I live in Arizona.  Yes, it's freakin' hot in the summer.  I love to cook and bake.

I read when I can find time.

I am obsessed with freshly cleaned sheets, they're amazing!

I like wine and whiskey. Not together though...ewww.

I LOVE Love love to eat cookies.  

And I think cupcakes are little rays of sunshine in our world.



To give you a little idea of some of the stuff that happens on my blog, I thought I'd show you some of my readers' favorite posts.












Cupcakes are why I'm so excited to be posting for Kim!  I love her blog.  Kim always has such great cupcakes and savory cup recipes.  This is why we are bloggy friends.  We both love food!  Since Kim is gracious enough to have me today, I figured dessert was in order.  Dessert makes me happy.  And happy people are fun to be around!






Cannoli Parfaits

Makes 4 parfaits

Cannoli Shells from Food.com

Ingredients:

Cannoli Shells

1 1/2 cups flour
1/8 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons shortening
1 egg, beaten well
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon cold water
Vegetable oil, for frying

Cannoli Cream

16 ounces ricotta cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup semsweet chocolate chips, divided
1/2 cup heavy cream

Directions:

Cannoli Shells

  1. Stir together flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt.  Cut shortening in with a fork until the pieces are the size of small peas.  Stir in eggs.  Blend in the vinegar and water.  Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
  2. Add additional flour, if needed, to get a smooth dough.  Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
  3. Roll out dough to 1/8" thickness.  Cut out 3" circles from the dough.  Re-roll and cut the dough as needed - you want a total of 10 circles for 4 parfaits.
  4. Heat oil on medium-high heat in a large saute pan.  Fry dough circles until light golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes, turning once.  Remove cooked circles to a paper towel to drain.  Cool circles completely.
Cannoli Cream
  1. Stir together ricotta, powdered sugar, and vanilla until well combined.
  2. Stir in half the chocolate chips, be careful not to over mix.
  3. Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks, fold into filling mixture.
  4. Chill filling for 30 minutes.
Assembly
  1. Break up one cannoli shell circle in the bottom of each of four parfait cups.  Top shell with two heaping spoonfuls of cannoli cream.  Sprinkle with a few chocolate chips.  Repeat layers once more ending with chocolate chips.
  2. Break the two remaining cannoli shell circles in half.  Place on half, broken side down, into the top of each parfait. 
Buon Appetito!


Thanks again to the amazing Kim for having me today.  
I hope you all had as much fun as I did!


Awwww, Thanks Julie for all the Love! And those Cannoli Parfaits!
Thanks everyone for stopping by and make sure you stop by
White Lights On Wednesday
to see what else Julie has been up to!!

4 comments:

  1. OK. Julie you are HOT! Love these fun Parfaits!! You seriously make the best food ever girl! You know I love ya, so happy to have found Kim {rocking blog lady} Thanks for sharing!! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie those Parfaits look sinful! Can't wait to try them out. But I think I'll be trying the Cheesy Bacon & Chicken Pasta first, YUM!

    Kim, this was an awesome post, congrats on your first guest blogger. I wanted to let you know I Featured you on my Favorites from last week and can't wait to see what you're linking up this week.

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Michelle! The pasta is super yummy, but then again...bacon makes everything better. ;) Thanks for the ego boost. :)

      Delete