Image Map

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Morning Routine

Do any of you have odd morning routines?
Like waking up to music in your head that just get's you bopping around the house, full of energy, ready to greet anything with fists held high like Rocky Balboa?
{que Eye of the Tiger Intro}
My mornings aren't quite like that either.
Typically after beating my alarm clock into submission after 45 minutes of reminding me that it's time I get out of bed, I stumble slowly, eyes still half closed, down the hallway and into the bathroom.
(do you ever wonder what your alarm clock is thinking? I know, inantimate object, but I picture this little troll like person sitting inside my alarm clock screaming, "Damn it Kim! If I had to get up at 5:15 to do my job of waking YOU up, then you need to get your fat ass butt out of bed!" Really. That's what I picture.)
Anyways, after making my way into the bathroom, and dreading that instant that the 5-60 Watt light bulbs light up my 10 x 6 bathroom (I know, like a stadium in there some days), I take a seat for a few minutes, long enough to catch up on emails and facebook.
Hey, come on! You never know if Cupcake Wars or Rachel Ray or Food Network or any other Network Executive that has "happened" across my blog at 2:00 a.m. will email me immediatley asking me to be their latest t.v. star, I've got to check to be sure I didn't miss anything!
There's a particular blog too that I love to read every morning.
She makes me laugh.
 Outload.
Even on Monday mornings at 6:00 a.m.
Seriously, if you haven't read her blog,  you need to.
If I didn't trust my parents completely I would swear that she is my long lost sister that they never told me about.
I've tried to change my morning routine, to no avail.
I know I should be up exercising at the first chirp of the random birds outside my window.
I'm sure my kids and husband would love me to make them bacon and eggs every morning for breakfast, but time just does not allow for all of this. Again. There are more important things to take care of first thing in the morning!
I haven't changed my routine much in the past two years, but now.
Now that I've found this.
The routine MUST change. I MUST have this for breakfast.
Every single morning.
From now until at least December 21, 2012.
(for all of you dooms dayers out there)
I first laid eyes upon this magical breakfast at
I believe it was during Grilled Cheese Month and Suzanna over at Galley Kitchen vowed to make a new Grilled Cheese recipe every day for the entire month of April. 
Cinnamon Roll Grilled Cheese.
Really?
Who comes up with things like that! This is brilliant!
If you haven't visited her lately, you must. I command you! Okay, I'm just asking nicely. But seriosly, go. Go do it.
I decided I'd try this on my day off.
The fear of overstuffing myself with these sandwiches and having to actually sit at my desk all day thinking about them scared the Be-jesus out of me.
Yesterday was the day. I'd dreamt about them all night.
They were perfect.

The bread was just the right cruncy, crispy, chewy, buttery consistency.
The filling was so good. I couldn't help but lick the spoon when I had filled my second sandwich.
(whatever! no juding here folks! just good food!)

I think this is the one thing that will change how my day starts.
I may even get up and exercise!
Okay, let's take one thing at a time!
I'm not able to provide any kind of verdict from the other people in this house, as I ate both sandwiches, myself, before they even realized that the Cinnamon Roll Grilled Cheese Sandwiches existed. Does that make me a bad mom?



Cinnamon Roll Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

4 slices of French Bread
1 1/2 oz cream cheese, softened
Butter
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
pecans or walnut pieces

Mix together cream cheese, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla in a small bowl.
Butter 1 side of each slice of bread. On opposite side of 2 slices spread the cream cheese mixture.
Sprinkle on walnuts or pecans if desired.
Place buttered side down in med high skillet or griddle. Top with other slice of bread-butter side out.
Cook on med-high until outsides are crispy and golden brown and cheese mixtures is melted.


**Funny side note. The morning that I posted this we had some schedule changes in our house so 3 of the 4 members of my family were all up at the same time. Dear Hubby likes to listen to the radio in the morning. Guess what song was starting on the radio when he turned it on. Yup! Eye of the Tiger!!! So now that I have it stuck in my head, you can too!!

4 comments:

  1. I heart Hayley. She's the best! And she's my neighbor so it's kinda cool. :)

    I, too, need to go online ASAP after I wake up. Coffee and seeing comments make me wake up happier. Have a great weekend Kim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is totally cool that she's your neighbor! I feel like I'm in the middle of nowhere, I don't think anyone in my area even knows what blogging is, I'm still trying to find some Ohio bloggers!!

      Delete
  2. Grilled cheese and cinnamon rolls? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete