Image Map

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Failure vs. Success

So, they say, "face your failures", "accept what you can not change", "learn from your mistakes", and on, and on...so I'm facing my fears and letting everyone see what some of my failures look like. As well as my most recent success.

The first, my epic failure. Here's the story. I was asked to come up with a chocolate chip cupcake. Oh how hard can that be right? Well, I apparently was making it alot harder than it had to be. This is what it ended up looking like. Really?! Who would want to eat that? It looks horrible!!

And no, that's not what they looked like in the picture online. Of course they looked perfect and oh so tasty. Not mine! They look like a mix between canned dog food and hocky pucks! That night I should have just stopped there. But I didn't, and my second batch had problems too, but no one ever knew!! Well, until right now. They tasted fine, so what if you leave out an ingredient!!

So now, the most recent success. I was asked to do 1st birthday cupcakes for a friend. There's a long story behind the design of the cupcakes. I figured, this shouldn't be too hard. I can do this. So I got to work. I had 3 prototypes before the final product. So here they are, my Green Elephant Cupcakes!!!


These were so much fun to do! Alot of work, but I'm so happy the way that they turned out. I just hope the customer likes them as much as I do! Simple vanilla vanilla cupcakes, but the elephants add their own little touch!

2 comments:

  1. the customer is thrilled! These are soooooo cute! I can't wait for Alex to smash her face into one of them.

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete